II. Configure authentication
You can configure authentication by terminal interface or with Network Managerjem.
- You have to configure "wpa_supplicant". From our servers download digital certificate and save it somewhere on your computer. You can do this by copying and running following two lines in the terminal window.
sudo cp stud-dom.pem /etc/ssl/
- Open file "/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf" with text editor:
sudo gedit /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
- Delete all other content from the file and copy the following lines. Do not forget to replace identety and password field with your username and password. Save and close the file.
- Because this file contains your password you have to change the file permissions to:
sudo chown root /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
sudo chmod 600 /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
- Now open "/etc/network/interfaces" file:
sudo gedit /etc/network/interfaces
- Delete all other lines that contains eth0 and then enter following code:
iface eth0 inet dhcp